For the true romantic in you, here are my tried and tested Valentines Day experiences in and about Cape Town. The top 10 list of ideas (9 + 1 bonus) ranges from luxurious pampering to creating unforgettable moments sure to help you score this year!
- My fave – go for a helicopter ride from the V&A Waterfront for unrivaled beautiful views of Cape Town – recommend booking an exclusive flip to Hout Bay and back, followed by dinner
Source: Cape Town Helicopters
- Can never get enough of… Book a treat at the Twelve Apostles luxury spa, see Couples Spa Packages and try get the Outdoor Bliss package, or even just high tea for two at Twelve ApostlesSource: The Twelve Apostles
- Book an outdoor movie at The Galileo open air cinema – the 2019 special is a screening of Romeo + Juliet for Valentines day in Stellenbosch
- Radisson Blu Tobabo’s restaurant Valentines menu is something really special – absolutely stunning setting along the beach, it doesn’t get more romantic than this – spoil yourselves and maybe even book a stay at the hotel and sunset champagne or cocktails by the pool
- There are so many picnic spots at wine estates in the Western Cape – Warwick Gourmet Picnic for two menu is so yum.
Source: Warwick Estate
- Looking for more adventure? weather/sea conditions permitting, take a guided kayak trip from Sea Point with Kaskazi where you often paddle alongside dolphins, or a kayak trip from Simons Town to see the Penguins at Boulders, followed by sunset drinks and a light dinner and not so light cuddle 🙂Source: Kaskazi Kayaks
- Take Friday 15th and the weekend after Valentines Day off and spoil yourself with a suite at Tinswalo Atlantic – tucked away on Chapmans Peak, this little gem is honestly the best place I’ve ever stayed at in South Africa, with excellent service and food. UPDATE: the resort has just burnt down (again!), I am truly heartbroken. It will take about 5 months to rebuild, so please support them after they re-open.Source: Tintswalo Atlantic
- Chicnic on top of Table Mountain for Two – just check before you book that there is availability for 14 February 2019
Source: Celestial Gifts
- Bonus idea if you’re daring enough to take your relationship to new heights (i’m not, so the only one I haven’t tried): hop on a jet plane and head on over to Glenburn Lodge, Cradle of Humankind, Gauteng for a hot air balloon flight with Champagne for 2
- Bonus Idea: Let’s try a Valentines Sunset Champagne Cruise. You can choose from a few different boats at the V&A Waterfront. Not tested yet, but that’s where I will be, see you there!
Source: Waterfront Charters
Even if you’re not in the Western Cape, you can recreate many of these ideas in other areas of South Africa, e.g. swap the ocean for a dam, wine farm for picnic spot, etc.